Issue Media Group is a forward-looking, Inc. 5000 media company that is always looking for exceptional talent.
IMG primarily operates in a flexible, mobile work environment. Some positions require or favor residence in the metro Detroit area, while others can be done from anywhere.
Below, please find descriptions of positions that we are currently seeking to fill. Submit your resume for one or more positions here.
Managing Editor - Pop City (Pittsburgh, PA)
, a weekly online magazine covering urban development, innovation, the arts and other issues in Pittsburgh, is seeking a Managing Editor to direct the publication's coverage of Pittsburgh's new economy and the region's continued revitalization.
The ideal candidate will have experience writing and editing high-quality magazine-style features, a basic knowledge of urban issues, economic development, innovation and technology, as well as a willingness to learn, and passion for all things Pittsburgh.
We seek a candidate with demonstrated understanding of audience development and engagement strategies, experience in digital media, and social media savvy. This candidate should bring to the publication a strong and informed perspective on the issues that impact the growth, development, and culture of the city, including talent, diversity, environment and innovation.
Pop City Managing Editor will:
- Drive the publication's editorial vision and mission
- Coordinate all weekly Pop City content, including features, news, photography and video
- Lead regular in-person editorial meetings with the Pop City team
- Identify, interview and hire freelance reporters and writers as needed
- Coordinate photography in collaboration with the Pop City Managing Photographer
- Manage Pop City's social media strategy (Facebook, Twitter etc.)
- Oversee section editors and edit all sections of Pop City, including Development, Innovation, For Good, Jobs, Founders, Companies, and Buzz
- Coordinate with IMG leadership team as needed
- Manage a monthly budget and control editorial costs with support from IMG leadership team
- Write at least one feature story per month, payment for which is included in the weekly retainer
This is a part-time, contract position that is specifically designed for freelance writers and editors (or other individuals who are interested in seeking freelance work). Successful MEs understand how to effectively balance competing demands on time.
This is a fun, interesting, rewarding position within a fast-growing new media company. For more information or to apply, click here
or send a resume, cover letter and three clips to Lee Chilcote
Issue Media Group seeks project editors to oversee underwriting programs for publications throughout the state of Michigan.
Project editors are responsible for coordinating feature stories and news items for multiple publications. Project editors develop an understanding of underwriting focus areas (see sample focus areas below); prepare and manage an editorial calendar; manage a dedicated underwriting budget; develop story ideas with client, account manager, and local managing editors; keep an inventory of underwritten content; and review program budget and deliverables with IMG leadership team on a monthly basis.
Focus areas include:
- Workforce / talent development
- Water / Great Lakes
- Higher ed
- Sustainability and the environment
- Food systems
Learn more and apply here